Athens based A & O Architects team renovated a 1920 house with clear Bauhaus influences, in northern Athens. The project is a full restoration of a historic building that was originally inspired by the famous artistic movement. Clear forms, simplicity, geometry, asymmetrical balance, minimalism, and functionality were obvious in the original building that was blended with a distinctive Athenian flair.
For the renovation, luxurious materials were implemented such as iroko wood, marble, bronze finishes, and curated wallpapers. Moreover, the metallic sculptural ceilings in the lobby areas, originally from 19th century America, were delivered in parts and were placed to add texture to the interior space. The interior of the house was also designed by the A&O team and includes contemporary furnishing and high-end decorative materials. Ultimately, the private art collection completes the interior of the house.